Would you like to highlight your scientific work?
Are you aware of the importance of engaging and communicating your research to a broader audience?
Are you interested in a postive and high-standards competition?
The contest “Engage your Audience!” allows early career scientists to present your research in front of your peers, using a simple and plain register. To do so, you will have only three minutes available! Enroll yourself to convince a scientific jury and your public about the relevance of your scientific research in a 3 minute elevator pitch.
Succesful selected competitors will have their full congress registration fee waived.
FULL SESSION PROGRAM (11 July 2017 - 13h00-15h00):
Session coordinator: Massimo Caine
- 13:00 - Welcome and introduction
- 13:05 - Dr. Laura Bowater - Science Communication: seeking success and selling your story
- 13:30 - 14:30 - “Engage your Audience!” contest
“My research in 3 minutes” presentations
- 4 presentations
- Break 10’
- 4 presentations
The jury meets at the end of the last presentation
- 14:30 - Dr. James Redfern - Developing educational material from microbiology research: best practice
- 14:50 - Prize awards (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
INSCRIPTION AND SELECTION
Enroll yourself in Engage your public! A competition where you get to convince a scientific jury and your public about the relevance of your scientific research in a 3 minute elevator pitch.
- Submit 200 words text with a broad public pitch and a 30 second introduction video (sent as a link, not an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An independent jury will select the submissions that are eligible for the final round of the competition.
- Present your elevator pitch at FEMS Congress. The competition will take place during the Valencia FEMS Congress 2017 - Education session, Tuesday 11 July 2017/13:00 - 15:00 CET
- Get feedback on how you present your work - and learn how you can make an even better impact.
The contest is open to 8 candidates. Successful selected competitors will have their full congress registration fee waived.
The deadline for submission is 30th April 2017. Please find tips and guidelines here.