|For the above Symposium options, the following applies:
- Satellite Symposia are offered to industry as non-CME commercial/promotional sessions and are allocated on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
- Supporting companies are free to choose topics, invite speakers, and control content. However, topic and programme are subject to approval by the scientific committee.
- Under current regulations, ESPID strongly discourages industry-employed speakers in the supported symposia. Exceptions are occasionally made where a clear and well-argued case is made that a particular speaker would be the best person for a particular topic within the structure and content of the symposium proposed.
- In case the scientific committee does not approve the Satellite Symposia programme, each party will be entitled to cancel the Satellite Symposium booking without paying any penalty for the cancellation or for any damages caused by the cancellation to the other party. Accordingly upon such cancellation, neither of the parties will have any claims, demands or suits towards the other.
- The company, in addition to the support fee, must cover all speaker expenses, including registration fees, accommodation and travel expenses. This also applies in the case where the speakers have already been invited by the event organisers.
- Satellite Symposium will be indicated in the programme as: Industry Supported Session- (not included in the main event CME/CPD credit offering – please refer to the Industry Support and Exhibition section for more information).”